Saturday 6th April 2013 – 9.00pm – Suzie Fothergill.
West Midlands Ambulance Service has attended to a spate of motorcycle incidents throughout the region today.
- Shortly after 12.55pm this afternoon West Midlands Ambulance Service received a call to the junction of Atherstone Street and Brook End in Fazeley, Tamworth. An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and the Midlands Air Ambulance from Staffordshire were dispatched to the scene.
On arrival at the scene crews found a car and a motorcycle that had been in collision. The motorcyclist, a man believed to be in his 40’s, was treated for a leg and a potential pelvic injury. The man was immobilised and airlifted to Queen Elizabeth Birmingham for further assessment and treatment.
- At approximately 1.25pm this afternoon the Trust was called to reports of a pushbike and a scooter that had been in collision at Wrekin View in Madeley, Telford. An ambulance, a senior ambulance officer and the Midlands Air Ambulance from Cosford were sent to the scene.
A nine year old boy was treated by crews for a head injury and multiple abrasions to his body before being airlifted to University Hospital of North Staffordshire.
- Just after 1.30pm crews were again called to an incident involving a motorcyclist and a pushbike on Coton Road in Nuneaton. Two ambulances, a paramedic area support officer, the Midlands Air Ambulance from Strensham, two BASICS doctors and the Trust MERIT rapid response vehicle, carrying a critical care paramedic and a trauma doctor were in attendance at the scene.
The cyclist was treated for multiple injuries. Due to the serious nature of his injuries the man was given at anaesthetic at the scene before being conveyed, via land ambulance, to University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire. A medic travelled on board the ambulance continuing to provide emergency medical treatment whilst on route to hospital.
The motorcyclist, a man, was also treated for multiple injuries before being immobilised using a neck collar and spinal board. The motorcyclist was also conveyed via land ambulance to the same hospital for further assessment and treatment.
- At approximately 3.35pm the Midlands Air Ambulance from Staffordshire, an ambulance and a community first responder attended to an incident involving a car and a motorcyclist near to Whitacre Garden Centre on Tamworth Road in Coleshill, Birmingham.
The motorcyclist, a man, was treated for serious multiple injuries. The man was fully immobilised and airlifted to University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire.
- Shortly after 5.15pm crews were called Holyhead Road, Priorslee, Telford to reports of a motorcyclist that had been in collision with a bollard. An ambulance and the Midlands Air Ambulance from Cosford were dispatched to the scene.
The motorcyclist, a man, was treated for a potential pelvic fracture. The man was given pain relief at the scene and fully immobilised before being airlifted to University Hospital of North Staffordshire.