Seven to Hospital following Cannock RTC

Ambulance Vehicles

Monday 13th July 2015 – 7.20am – Claire Brown.

A collision between a 4×4 and a minibus in the early hours has left one woman and six men injured in Cannock.

West Midlands Ambulance Service received a 999 call to reports of the collision at the junction of Broadhurst Green Road and Penkridge Bank, Hednesford, just after midnight making it our first 999 call of the day. Five ambulances, a paramedic area support officer and a responder paramedic attended.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “When ambulance staff arrived on scene they found a 4×4 and a minibus which had left the road and ended up in a hedge row. Both sustained extensive damage.

“The driver of the car, a woman, was assessed by crews and was found to have head, back and chest pain. All other observations were normal and the woman was stable. She was immobilised with a neck collar and spinal board at taken to New Cross Hospital.

“The eight occupants of the minibus, all men, had self-extricated from the vehicle prior to our arrival. Six had suffered injuries and when ambulance staff arrived some had reportedly collapsed and were on the floor next to the minibus.

“One passenger upon assessment by crews had head, neck and shoulder pain and was suffering severe pain in his thigh and leg which the crew suspected was fractured. He was immobilised with a neck collar and spinal board and taken to Royal Stoke University Hospital, a specialist trauma centre, for further treatment.

“The driver of the minibus had head, neck and chest injuries. A second passenger had arm and shoulder pain and a third suffered head, neck, shoulder and leg pain. All three were taken to Royal Stoke University Hospital for further checks.

“A fourth passenger sustained a cut above his eye and knee pain and a fifth passenger had head, neck and chest pain following the collision. Both were taken to Walsall Manor Hospital.

“The two other occupants from the minibus did not require hospital treatment.

“This was a protracted case due to the number of patients involved and required good team work on scene by the emergency services. Thankfully no one suffered life-threatening injuries.”



Leave a Reply