Car ends up in ditch in Coleshill

ambulance officer3

Tuesday 3rd November 2015 – 7.20pm – Claire Brown.

A man and a woman needed the help of all three emergency services this rush hour after a two car RTC left one vehicle in a ditch.

West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to the junction of the Birmingham Road and Stonebridge Road in Coleshill at 4.50pm this afternoon (Tuesday). Two ambulances, a paramedic area support officer and a senior paramedic officer attended.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “Crews arrived to find two cars which had been involved in a collision; one was on the road whilst the other was in a ditch.

“Police diverted traffic away from the scene to give the ambulance service and fire service access and space to help the patients.

“The occupant of the car in the ditch, a man believed to be in his 30s, was trapped. Whilst ambulance staff assessed the man for injuries, the fire service carefully began to cut away parts of the car to extricate him from the vehicle. The man had sustained neck, rib and knee pain and was removed from the car onto a scoop stretcher. Once stable and on board an ambulance he was conveyed to University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire.

“The driver of the second car, a woman in her 30s, had managed to get out of her vehicle following the collision. She was found to have sustained back and abdominal pain and was treated on scene before being taken to Heartlands Hospital by ambulance.”



  1. I was the first on the scene to help a man who either slipped/fell & suffered heart attack & a bad head injury on Tues 3rd Nov 2015 on Windmill bank, Wombourne, 10.15a.m. Was attended by a paramedic & ambulance but don’t know who he was or which hospital he went to as no identification on him apart from a Jaguar car key. He looked middle aged, thick set and was wearing a blue sweat shirt top with jeans, the top had a company name of SEMTEC on it. Just wondered if he recovered or not, & I did give the male paramedic my name & address card if he needed any details. Hope you can answer me. Many thanks

    1. Hi Margaret…we have been trying to find out what the end result was, but so far all we know is that when he arrived at hospital he was alive and making efforts to breathe himself. Unfortunately, once we hand the patient over to the hospital, that is the last we have to do with them. It is quite frustrating for our crews as they are often in a similar position of wondering. Sorry we can’t be more help.

Leave a Reply to Margaret PenningtonCancel reply