Monday 30th January 2017 – 1.30pm – Murray MacGregor.
Six people have been taken to hospital, one in a serious condition, after a two car crash.
The incident happened at about 7.35pm on Sunday evening on the southbound A46 at Warwick just before the Birmingham Road junction.
Three ambulances, a paramedic area support officer and a rapid response vehicle were sent to the scene.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “On arrival, crews found two cars that had suffered significant damage and had come to rest on the verge next to trees and bushes.
“A 29 year old woman from one of the cars had been helped from the vehicle and was lying on the grass nearby. She had potentially serious injuries and was immobilised before being taken on blue lights to the major trauma centre at Univeristy Hospital Coventry & Warwickshire.
“Five others received less serious injuries and were taken to Warwick Hospital.
- A 36 year old man with neck pain and an injury to his forehead;
- A 32 year old man who had a laceration to his chin and right elbow, neck and chest pain;
- A 13 year old girl who was complaining of a head injury; and
- A 15 year old girl with a sprained left ankle, a head injury and right shoulder pain.
- An 18 year old man with lacerations to his leg and a burn to his arm