Foundation Trusts have more freedom from central government control, though they remain fully part of the NHS. Foundation Trusts are duty-bound to deliver free care, based on need, not ability to pay, but they area more accountable to the local community. This is because local people and staff can become members of the Trust and elect representatives to serve on the Council of Governors or even stand for election as a governor themselves.
WMAS Governor Elections have now come to a close. The elected Governors are outlined in the tables below. All newly elected Governors will commence in post from the 1st January 2017.
It is hereby declared that elections were held for the following positions:
- Birmingham – Adam Williams
- Black Country – Kay Cullen
- Coventry and Warwickshire – John Davies (3yrs)
- Coventry and Warwickshire – Elizabeth Dixon (2yrs)
- Staffordshire – Eileen Cox
- West Mercia – William Ellis
Staff Governor Results:
- Emergency and Urgent – Sarah Bessant
- Emergency and Urgent (vacancy) – Gail Hollyholmes
- Non-Emergency – Andrew Rowles
The regulations governing this election can be obtained from Electoral Reform Services Ltd (address as below).
The Returning Officer for these elections was John Box of Electoral Reform Services Ltd, The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London N8 0NW.