The exceptionally popular and successful Student Paramedic training programme at West Midlands Ambulance Service provides an alternative route for you to gain your dream job.
As a Student Paramedic you will be supported in the clinical environment while you work your way through your training programme which will take up to 42 months resulting in HCPC registration as a Paramedic. You will also have access to Clinical Team Mentors for specified periods who will provide advice and guidance to support your clinical practice.
All Student Paramedics earn while you learn, completing their training via a full apprenticeship pathway and have guaranteed employment as a Paramedic as the successful completion of their programme.
What do I need to apply?
- 5 GCSE’s grade C or above which must include English Language, Maths and Science
- An A Level qualification (or equivalent)
- Full driving licence (must not exceed 3 points)
- Provisional Category C1 on your driving licence – you can request the forms to apply for this by visiting https://www.gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-driver/applying-for-a-bus-or-lorry-provisional-entitlement. You can check what categories you are currently entitled to drive by visiting https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Experience in a patient or customer care environment
What does the Recruitment process involve?
You can find out everything you need to know about our Student Paramedic Programme on our dedicated microsite – https://wmascareers.uk/.
On this site you’ll find tips on applying, qualifications required, the recruitment process as well as details about assessments if you’re successful with your application.
Where can I apply?
You can apply online via http://www.jobs.nhs.uk searching for ‘WMAS’.
What is it like being a Paramedic with WMAS?
An alternative method of training to become a Paramedic is to study at at the University of Wolverhampton, University of Worcester, Staffordshire University and Coventry University as a paramedic student. Watch this promotional video to listen to what students think about studying paramedic science at university:
If you have any other questions about the Student Paramedic programme which aren’t covered on our new microsite, please contact our Recruitment Team:
Telephone: 01384 989452