The exceptionally popular and successful Student Paramedic training programme at West Midlands Ambulance Service provides an alternative route for you to gain your dream job and we are currently recruiting.
What do I need to apply?
- 5 GCSE’s grade C or above which must include English Language, Maths and Science
- An A Level qualification (or equivalent)
- Full driving licence (must not exceed 3 points)
- Provisional Category C1 on your driving licence – you can request the forms to apply for this by visiting https://www.gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-driver/applying-for-a-bus-or-lorry-provisional-entitlement. You can check what categories you are currently entitled to drive by visiting https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Experience in a patient or customer care environment
What does the Recruitment process involve?
You can find out everything you need to know about our Student Paramedic Programme on our newly launch microsite – https://wmascareers.uk/. On this site you’ll find tips on applying, qualifications required, the recruitment process as well as details about assessments if you’re successful in your application.
Where can I apply?
You can apply online via http://www.jobs.nhs.uk searching for ‘WMAS’.
What is it like being a Paramedic with WMAS?
An alternative method of training to become a Paramedic is to study at at the University of Wolverhampton, University of Worcester, Staffordshire University and Coventry University as a student paramedic. Watch this promotional video to listen to what students think about studying paramedic science at university:
If you have any other questions about the Student Paramedic programme which aren’t covered on our new microsite, please contact our Recruitment Team:
Telephone: 01384 989452