The exceptionally popular and successful Student Paramedic training programme at West Midlands Ambulance Service provides an alternative route for you to gain your dream job.
What do I need to apply?
- 5 GCSE’s grade C or above which must include English Language, Maths and Science
- An A Level qualification (or equivalent)
- Full driving licence (must not exceed 3 points)
- Provisional Category C1 on your driving licence – you can request the forms to apply for this by visiting https://www.gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-driver/applying-for-a-bus-or-lorry-provisional-entitlement. You can check what categories you are currently entitled to drive by visiting https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Experience in a patient or customer care environment
What does the Recruitment process involve?
You can find out everything you need to know about our Student Paramedic Programme on our newly launch microsite – https://wmascareers.uk/. On this site you’ll find tips on applying, qualifications required, the recruitment process as well as details about assessments if you’re successful in your application.
Where can I apply?
You can apply online via http://www.jobs.nhs.uk searching for ‘WMAS’.
What is it like being a Paramedic with WMAS?
An alternative method of training to become a Paramedic is to study at at the University of Wolverhampton, University of Worcester, Staffordshire University and Coventry University as a student paramedic. Watch this promotional video to listen to what students think about studying paramedic science at university:
If you have any other questions about the Student Paramedic programme which aren’t covered on our new microsite, please contact our Recruitment Team:
Telephone: 01384 989452