Have you got what it takes to save a life? The exceptionally popular and successful Student Paramedic training programme at West Midlands Ambulance Service provides an alternative route for you to gain your dream job.
What do I need to apply?
- 5 GCSE’s grade C or above which must include English Language, Maths and Science
- An A Level qualification (or equivalent)
- Full driving licence (must not exceed 3 points)
- Provisional Category C1 on your driving licence – you can request the forms to apply for this by visiting https://www.gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-driver/applying-for-a-bus-or-lorry-provisional-entitlement. You can check what categories you are currently entitled to drive by visiting https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Experience in a patient or customer care environment
What does the Recruitment process involve?
To assist with your application please read the below documents which explains the recruitment process and training programme as well as providing some helpful hints and tips to help you to prepare:
Where can I apply?
When we’re recruiting, you can apply online via http://www.jobs.nhs.uk.
What is it like being a Paramedic with WMAS?
An alternative method of training to become a Paramedic is to study at at the University of Wolverhampton, University of Worcester, Staffordshire University and Coventry University as a student paramedic. Watch this promotional video to listen to what students think about studying paramedic science at university:
If you have any other questions about the Student Paramedic programme, please contact our Recruitment Team:
Telephone: 01384 215896