Have you got what it takes to save a life? We’ll be recruiting student paramedics from Monday 2nd December!
The exceptionally popular and successful Student Paramedic training programme at West Midlands Ambulance Service provides an alternative route for you to gain your dream job. We are excited to announce that we will be advertising vacancies for the programme from Monday 2nd December for upcoming courses in 2020.
Student Paramedic Showcase Evening
Want to find out more about this exciting role? We’re holding a showcase evening on Monday 2nd December, 5.00pm – 7.30pm, at The National Academy, Dudley Road, Brierley Hill, DY5 1LQ which everyone is welcome to attend to:
- Meet the Recruitment, Operational Management and Education Teams
- Get advice on completing the NHS Jobs application form
- Ask questions about the training programme
- Watch practical demonstrations on some of the skills that you will be taught as a Student Paramedic
- Practice on our fitness equipment to
prepare yourself for assessments
- Talk to current and past student
paramedics to get a real understanding of the role
To reserve your place at this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01384 215896.
Student Paramedic Entry Requirements
The entry requirements for those interested in applying for the programme are:
- 5 GCSE’s grade C or above which must include English, Maths and Science
- An A Level qualification (or equivalent)
- Full driving licence (must not exceed 3 points)
- Provisional Category C1 on your driving licence
- Experience in a patient or customer care environment
Appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance (details of the process will be advised to you by our Recruitment Team).
To make your application easier, here’s some useful information which is essential to read before you apply: Student Para Application Support final (Dec2019)
What is it like being a Paramedic with WMAS?
You can study at the University of Worcester, Staffordshire University and Coventry University as a student paramedic. Watch these promotional videos to listen to what students think about studying paramedic science at university:
The Student Paramedic vacancy will be available via NHS Jobs from Monday 2nd December – click on the logo below to visit NHS Jobs and apply for the role.
If you have any other questions about the Student Paramedic programme, please contact our Recruitment Team:
Telephone: 01384 215896