PLEASE NOTE – Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Patient Experience Team is working remotely. If you contact the team by telephone you will initially be forwarded to an answerphone. You will, however, receive a call back within three working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays). You may however decide to complete the PALS contact form at the bottom of this page which will be emailed directly to the team.
Although we strive to ensure that the patients we serve receive the best possible service and care, mistakes and misunderstandings do occur. We need to know about these in order to improve the service we provide.
As a patient, relative or carer sometimes you may need to turn to someone for on-the-spot help, advice and support. This is what PALS is for and we aim to:
- Provide advice and support to patients, their families and carers
- Provide a free, friendly, confidential listening service
- Help sort out any problems you encounter, but also ensure the Trust learns lessons from the issues identified
- Provide information on other NHS and Social Care Services
- Act independently, liaising with relevant staff, managers and other organisations to negotiate prompt solutions
You may have suggestions for ways in which we can improve our service. If so we would be pleased to hear from you – we value your opinions!
If PALS is unable to resolve your concerns informally they will advise you on the options available including how to raise a complaint via the NHS and Social Care Complaints procedure.
The easiest way to contact PALS is to submit a ‘Contact Us’ form here.
West Midlands Ambulance Service University NHS Foundation Trust
Waterfront Business Park
Telephone: 0300 303 0996
To read a summary of the Trust’s complaints procedure, please click here
A PALS representative is available:
Healthwatch – who are here to find out what matters to you and to help make sure your views shape the support you need. To locate your local Healthwatch visit: healthwatch.co.uk/your-local-healthwatch/list