Are you a clinician looking for a new challenge? NHS 111 needs your help.
The NHS 111 service is our non-emergency telephone service which offers urgent health care assessment to callers; our 111 service answers in excess of 20,000 calls every week in the West Midlands alone. Within the first year of taking over the provision of the 111 service, WMAS took over 1.4 million 111 calls, assessing and advising patients throughout the outbreak of the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Based at our busy NHS 111 control room in Brierley Hill, our dedicated team of clinicians are on hand 24/7 to complete in-depth clinical assessments of patients via the telephone. They use the NHS Pathways clinical triage system and their specialist skills and experience to further identify the individual needs of each caller and provide the best clinical advice, enabling patients to access the most appropriate source of care.
Our 111 Clinician roles are advertised via the NHS Jobs website (www.jobs.nhs.uk) where applications can be submitted.
Applications will then be shortlisted and candidates that meet the criteria for the role will be invited in for interview. Successful candidates will then be made an offer of employment subject to references, enhanced DBS check and Occupational Health screening; the recruitment team will be on hand to guide and assist applicants throughout this process.
If successful and appointed in role, candidates will be provided with in depth training and mentorship to help fully inform and prepare them for their new role.
Our 111 Clinician roles and essential entry requirements are as follows:
- RN1 (Adult) Nurse with current NMC Registration or a HCPC Registered Paramedic
- Minimum of 2 years post registration and Clinical experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Registered as a Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- At least 2 years post qualification
- Experience of working within a multi-professional/multi-agency environment
Advanced Nurse/ Prescribing Practitioner
- 1st level Registered Nurse with current NMC registration/HCPC registered Paramedic/GPC Registered Pharmacist
- Evidence of Continuous professional Development
- Masters Qualification in advanced/autonomous clinical practice
- Independent prescriber
- Proven post registration experience
Advanced Paramedic Practitioner:
- Educated to Degree level in Paramedicine or equivalent
- Paramedic registered with HCPC (Minimum 4 years post registration)
- Evidence of extended specialist Continuous Professional Development
- Working towards post graduate diploma or masters equivalent.
- National Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3/Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3 or equivalent
- Registered with the General Dental Council
- Experience of working with a multi-professional/multi-agency environment
Mental Health Nurse:
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) Qualification
- Current NMC registration
- Minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
- Full registration with General Medical Council (GMC)
- Experience of working in General Practice
- Inclusion in an English PCT Performers List
- JCTGP Vocational training Certificate (or equivalent)
- Higher Post Graduate Membership (e.g. MRCGP/nMRCGP/MRCP)
- Up to date CPR training
- Up to date Level 3a Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults (within six months of engagement)
- Care of the Sick Child on-line course (within six months of engagement)
All of our current Vacancies can be found online at www.jobs.nhs.uk. You can also set up job alerts via your NHS Jobs account so that you are notified via email when vacancies become available.
For further information regarding any of our 111 Clinical roles or for assistance with any queries, please contact the Recruitment Team via email email@example.com or via telephone 01384 215896.