If you work for us there’s not only the job satisfaction of knowing that what you do makes a real difference to our patients in the West Midlands, but we offer a range of other great benefits too!
As a Foundation Trust, every employee reaps the benefits of working for the NHS receiving a competitive salary via the national pay system.
NHS Terms & Condition benefits also include:
- a standard working week of 37.5 hours
- harmonised holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus general and public holidays, rising to 29 days after 5 years service and 33 days after 10 years’ service
- pay enhancements for out of hours, shift and overtime working
- career and salary progression
- an annual personal development review (PDR) to support your career aspirations
- membership of the NHS Pension Scheme
- a wide range of discounts from various organisations across the UK
Our Trust also prides itself on the support that we provide our staff, some of the additional interventions that we are able to offer to our colleagues are detailed below;
- Occupational Health service
- Access to physiotherapy service
- Private counselling service
- Smoking cessation
- Healthy eating and exercise support and advice
- Mental Wellbeing support delivered by our employed Mental Wellbeing Practitioners
- SALS; Staff Advice and Liaison Service
- Critical Incident debriefs
- Health Checks
Disability Confident Leader
Our Trust has also been recognised as a Disability Confident Leader. We are proud to have been given this accolade to show that we provide additional support to employees and applicants who have to deal with physical, psychological and learning disabilities on a daily basis.
We are able to support individuals with disabilities by discussing and considering measures such as:
- Amendments to the recruitment process
- Flexible working arrangements
- Providing careers advice to signpost to a particular role within the organisation
- Health and Wellbeing support (as detailed above)
- Reasonable adjustments to job roles and or working arrangements
An excellent resource has been made available via Access to Work regarding communication support during the interview process. You can access this resource here:
If you have a disability and wish to discuss how we can support you into employment then please get in touch.
At WMAS we aim to provide a good work life balance for all of our employees and our approach to flexible working arrangements is reflective of this. We want to work with our employees to help them find this balance and also to ensure that our patients receive the best possible care from us; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
Applicants and employees alike can speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement such as:
- Part time working
- Term time
- Job Share
- Working from an alternative location
- Home working
- Alternative flexible working pattern
- Annualised hours contract
- Rostered annual leave rota
- Retire and Return options
- Career break scheme
Our priority is to ensure a safe and effective service for our patients and should your request support this then we will work with you to agree how we can implement this.
WMAS Recruitment Team
Telephone: 01384 989452